The work programme package describes and summarises the main objectives, priorities and deliverables of the EBA in the forthcoming years. It is based on the tasks specified in the Regulation and in the relevant EU banking sector legislation.
Highlights of the EBA's tasks in 2021
The EBA's work for 2021 is defined under six strategic areas and 37 activities. The programme includes a description of the Authority's objectives for 2021, expected results and main outputs.
Six strategic areas for 2021:
- Supporting deployment of the risk reduction package and the implementation of effective resolution tools
- Reviewing and upgrading the EU-wide EBA stress testing framework
- Becoming an integrated EU data hub, leveraging on the enhanced technical capability for performing flexible and comprehensive analyses
- Contributing to the sound development of financial innovation and operational resilience in the financial sector
- Building the infrastructure in the EU to lead, coordinate and monitor AML/CFT supervision
- Providing the policies for factoring in and managing ESG risks
Two horizontal priorities for policy work
- Establishing a culture of sound and effective governance and good conduct in financial institutions
- Addressing the aftermath of COVID-19