The work programme package describes and summarises the main objectives, priorities and deliverables of the EBA in the forthcoming years. It is based on the tasks specified in the Regulation and in the relevant EU banking sector legislation.
Highlights of the EBA's tasks in 2020
The EBA's work for 2020 is defined under six strategic areas and 37 activities. The programme includes a description of the Authority's objectives for 2020, expected results and main outputs.
Six strategic areas for 2020:
- Support the development of the risk reduction package and the implementation of the global standards in the EU
- Providing efficient methodologies and tools for supervisory convergence and stress testing
- Moving towards an integrated EU data hub and a streamlined reporting framework
- Making AML a real priority for the EU
- Contributing to the sound development of financial innovation and sustainability
- Promoting an operational framework for resolution
Two horizontal priorities for policy work
- Ensuring effective cooperation with third countries
- Improving a culture of good governance in financial institutions